Public Radio International & BBC’s The World
- In post-conflict Colombia, imprisoned ex-combatants help maintain a fragile peace
- Former FARC fighters turn a camp into a tourist attraction
- In the diaspora, Colombia’s presidential election is as much about the past as the future
- Despite accord, peace in Colombia is tenuous as country heads to runoff election
- There is one place where Serbs and Albanians coexist in Kosovo — in the country’s version of Costco
- Is there an art to dubbing movies and TV? Yes, and Germans have mastered it.
- If you’re in Killeen Texas, try the kimchee or bibimbap
- Cajuns are fiercely proud of their culture, but they’re divided over the word ‘coonass’
- From cocaine to cacao: One man’s mission to save Colombia’s farmers through chocolate
- A food festival celebrates the rebirth of Jewish life in Berlin
- Detroit’s ‘Frida’ aims to build Latino audiences for opera
- Musicians struggle to buy insurance in a city that thrives on music
- Pepper co-op helps Kosovo’s war widows reclaim their lives
- Why tortillas may hold the key to healthier babies
- 5-hour line turns barbecue pilgrims into cash cow for locals
Al Jazeera English
- Words used to describe Auschwitz stir controversy, 75 years on
- Auschwitz survivor Leon Schagrin: ‘The suffering doesn’t go away’
- British Jews claim right to German citizenship after Brexit
- Animal slaughter ruling in Belgium stirs religious freedom debate
Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
NPR’s Here & Now
- New Austin synagogue is actually oldest in Texas
- Uninsured patients in Texas turn to Walmart
- App translates César Chávez biopic in real time
- SXSW puts spotlight on Latinos in tech
AFP (Agence France-Presse)
- Texas cattle ranchers feel the brunt of record drought
- Prayers, fasts as Texas governor preps presidential bid
- Earth Day? In Texas it’s for the birds
- After Sri Lankan war: Young Tamil expats lobby for aid
- Will high-heel-friendly streets keep Seoul’s women happy?
- War against SD tree bugs enlists unlikely fighters
- SD event focuses on oil boom’s problems, potential
- Iguana control businesses in Florida kept busy
- Berlin voters to decide: Should Berlin’s old Tegel airport stay or go?
- Berlin seeks German language teachers for refugee students
NPR’s Latino USA with Maria Hinojosa
…and I make videos, too!
Lowriders: No Longer Just for Men from Storyhunter on Vimeo.